20100303

Solaria Statistics: Full Rundown (4 of 4)

First it was basic stats, then the maintenance breakdown, and progressed to taxes in general. This segment shifts focus back to our city.

This metropolis has no taxes and the bare minimum of one fee. How does it sustain itself?

Solaria relies on the generosity of its citizens to stay fully functional. When things started getting tough for cities, I made a conscious decision to ease the burden for citizens...rescinding any additional taxes or fees. So long as there are funds in the treasury, I see no need to take credits from anyone involuntarily.

When a donation is made, the mayor is alerted who contributed and how much. It would be very nice to have that same message go out to citizens (or even a choice to be anonymous or not). Maybe I smell a future suggestion even.

After I made my decision, I did a one-time mail to encourage everyone to think about contributing at least once to the treasury since I had done away with all taxes. It went better than I expected; solidifying the notion I had made the right gamble.

Whenever someone moves into Solaria, I send a customized mail explaining the donation system rather than taxation. To date, I never had to make a push for funding. My thanks for all who have shouldered the burden in the fiduciary realm. I even pay a fixed amount into the treasury each time I win an election: showing just another reason how your vote for me solidifies Solaria's success.

One of the great things about having an old incumbent/elder mayor who cares about the city is the aspect of record keeping. Ever since city mechanics notified the mayor of treasury deposits, I have been keeping track of the generosity for no specific reason than just one of the random set of records I hold onto.

For privacy sake, I won't disclose the actual generosity, but I'll close this out with the top ten total contributors in the realm of sheer credits. Please bear in mind, money is no match for loyalty; and I am not loyal to money. This is just a fun little list.

[If you aren't a citizen but want to donate, just get in contact with me. I'm not soliciting donations at all, but doesn't hurt to put the thought out there.]

If you want your name removed from this list, just let me know.
My thanks to all the readers and citizens!

1. Gaedel Threefootseven XXXXXXXX
2. Ywomi XXXXXXXX
3. Edgecrusher XXXXXXX
4. Jivaro Qel-Jairus XXXXXXX
5. Dracino XXXXXXX
6. Zoulose XXXXXX
7. Klouds XXXXXX
8. Arayette XXXXXX

1 comment:

  1. i think that's cool and see jivaro people do care:):P

    ReplyDelete

Solaria Community Talk


ShoutMix chat widget