20100426

Expanding the community

The recently-ended polls have taught me a couple things.  Citizens want more activities (roleplay/events).  They also want city meetings.

Citizen opinion:
1.)  85%  want Solaria to actively encourage roleplaying.
2.)  84%  want options for a city meeting.
3.)  Most citizens don't want imperial sister cities.

 Here is my proposal (feedback encouraged):

Combining the first two, I'm planning for a day (still thinking Mondays) each week to hold a city gathering.  It can be for citizens AND 'outlanders' to get together and have fun; and doubling as a city meeting via the channel for citizens only.

In addition, I can advertise it in the city message as well as spread the word to other mayors also.  This can also open the opportunity for a different host each gathering and keep up the atmosphere.

Solaria also has an opportunity to carve in a niche all its own.  So many want to roleplay or learn the art, but are shy or afraid to try.  It's what gave me the revelation to make Solaria a 'helper rp' city.  What would that mean?  People can test their rp chops, get constructive advice on styles (even bios), or roleplay without ridicule...which brings me to another item I want to bring up...



Solaria, Rori should be a 'clean' rp city.
I don't know if this has been brought up anywhere, but every roleplay city I have seen pop up has been based in something secretive, illegal, imperial, or illicit.  Ever since Eisley's "scum and villainy" diatribe, I have seen overbearing policing or smuggling/slaving dens.  If you want something more stepped up; smuggly; sithy; slavie... my advice is to travel to the city of Darkside Realms, Rori.

Why am I bringing this city up?  Because not only is it just southwest of Solaria, it's also a great city doing it right in the 'dark' way.  If it's imperial or illegal, you can find it in Darkside Realm.  It was formerly Dying Slowly (a take on an iconic SW city) which has been a more prominent haven since former militia member Zeranna has become its current mayor.

In fact, I have been working with Zeranna to make Solaria's citizens welcome in their metropolis despite their imperial flagging.  Since I want people to 'keep it clean' in Solaria, Darkside Realm is the place to soil up those hands.  Just don't cause any trouble there since their security is some of the toughest out there.

This doesn't mean I decided on it being an official sister city, but it is a definite affiliation so long as Zeranna deems Solaria as being in worthy status.  None of this is in stone yet, so all input will be taken into consideration.  There is always an angle I haven't thought of, so this is why I turn to the community for input.

1 comment:

Solaria Community Talk


ShoutMix chat widget